Neuse Realty Property Management office provides rental management for property owners. We represent their interests in all rental transactions. Rental units are offered on a first come, first serve basis to qualified applicants and submission of an application does not guarantee the reservation of a unit. The first received application along with paid fee will receive first consideration. A unit will not be ‘reserved’ until the application has been approved by the owner, a lease is signed and the security deposit has been paid.
If you are interested in leasing one of our available rentals, you must first fill out an application. Applications can be submitted online or picked up at the office. An application must be filled out by all lessees over the age of 18. There is a non-refundable application fee of $40.00 per applicant; multiple applicants may be required to satisfy income requirements. Applications can not be processed until the application fee is received. We accept online payment, cash, money order, personal check or cashier’s check for payment of the application fee.
Most applications can be processed in one day and involve the following:Criminal history: Criminal history will be checked using local and national databases. We reserve the right not to rent to persons who have been convicted of a crime.
- Credit: Verifiable good credit. Credit Reports will be checked with a national credit bureau. Applicants with no credit history or low credit history may still be considered in if all other criteria is met and a higher security deposit is paid.
- Rental history: We obtain past rental history from previous landlords and reserve the right not to rent to persons who have previously been evicted.
- Sufficient Income: We verify employment and income to ensure that applicants can afford the rental amount. The rental amount should not exceed 30% of the applicants monthly gross income. For self-employed and non-employment income, we require proof of source and amount. Examples of verification of self-employment are: tax returns, bank and business references, government documents. Income may need to be combined by multiple applicants to satisfy this requirement. Proof of earnings from social security, child support, alimony or spousal support must be documented. Unverifiable income will not be considered.
Once the application is approved, a residential rental agreement will be written and must be signed by all applicants age 18 or older. This can be done in the office, by mail or by fax. If the application is accepted and the applicant does not enter into a residential leasing agreement within 7 days, the rental will be made available to the next interested party.
Neuse Realty Property Management will continue to advertise and consider all other applications for a property until the following occurs:Application(s) have been paid for, verified and approved.
- All income verification has been received.
- Security Deposit in the form of money order, personal check or cashier’s check has been received.
- A lease agreement is signed.